© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Wednesday, November 17

321/365


As you look at this photo - you may just see a dried up old plant - but in my eye - there is so much more.

Although this past spring I planted 6 more peony plants - I still have only one that grew. I love that plant. So beautiful when it first breaks thru the soil with it's red stalks. Then then green leaves bush out with the tiny buds that get bigger and bigger - until they finally burst open in beauty!

Even after the flowers fade - and I clip them off to keep from weighing the plant down, the green leaves stay beautiful and healthy most of the summer. Near the end of the season - the leaves start to put on their powdery wigs of grey - eventually drying up into a mass of unmoving crunchy and static leaves. But there is beauty in even that. Under the soil - the heart lives on, resting, until it will burst forth once again - in the spring.

As I looked at this photo this morning - I was reminded - how the world is so visual - what you see is what you get -

But I have to keep reminding myself - in the same way I want people to know me for who I am on the inside - judging someone else on their outward appearance - isn't fair for me to do either. We don't always know the history behind why someone 'looks' as they do - we don't know their potential. But God always does.

Something I need to work on . . .

5 comments:

Jo-Ann said...

Thought-provoking post -- good analogy. At first I thought those leaves looked like the ones on my liliac bush -- they turn grayish-green too.

Ruth said...

Thanks for a simple,yet beautiful picture.I also love how you relate this to everyday life.The heart lives on,and so it does.
Blessings,Ruth

Karin said...

Everybody has a story to tell - and I want to keep making it safe for other people to tell me their story. - What an interesting shade of grey/silver/with so many little highlights and undertones. These leaves are bent, brittle, yet beautiful! Cool!

Jamie said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I enjoy looking at all of your pictures and the verses you match with them! Very good job!

Hope you have a blessed day! :)

Betsy from Tennessee said...

YES---we can't judge a book by its cover!!!!! We always need to look on the inside of someone rather than the outside...

Great post..
Hugs,
Betsy