© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Thursday, November 4

308/365


I love the bright and warm feel of yellow! Guess the chilly weather has affected me a bit more than I want to admit.

When I was growing up, my parents had some Christmas Albums that we had gotten from the gas station, for faithfully filling up at the same spot. One was pink and one was baby blue. Both had big ribbons on the cover, they were crafted to look as though they were gifts.

Mahalia Jackson sang Silent Night and Away in a Manger on them (I am pretty sure those were the ablums). Such sweet passion and expression in her performance. They will to this day be among my favorite versions of those songs.

Can't imagine a day without music (even if it is only 5 year olds trying to find the beat on some rhythm sticks - you should see their smiles!!)








4 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Thank-you for each encouraging verse you post.This one is no exception.
Blessings,Ruth

Betsy from Tennessee said...

I agree. Music is my life... I will always be grateful for all the music I have enjoyed all through my life... Thanks be to God.
Hugs,
Betsy

young-eclectic-encounters said...

Great post- I am also a music lover and use it to help me cope with the many trials in life and to celebrate life.
See my post Broken On my blog
http://young-eclectic-encounters.blogspot.com
Johnina :^A

Marsha's Mpressions said...

What a gorgeous photo!