© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Tuesday, November 2

306/365


Full Text: (referencing the Church)


I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow.

So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God who makes things grow.

The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. For we are co-workers in God's service; your are God's field, God's building.

By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire and the fire will test the quality of each person's work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.

If it is burned up the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved, even though only as one escaping through the flames.

Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst?


* not so sure the verse and quote fit today- I feel as though I was led to this scripture and I know that it is speaking to me today - volumes - more so than the quote and scripture combined. I've been battling (what I found out yesterday) croup. Sometimes feeling totally fine - but then going into coughing spasms to beat the band. So have not had much time to be able to work on the computer.

I did find that I mis-numbered my posts. And so they have now been corrected.
I am going to try to go to go into work today. Kind of hard having a music teacher that doesn't talk or sing (or breathe too deeply) Hoping that I will be able to last the day.

Hope your day is blessed!

4 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Wonderful quote...Cathy

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Good morning! I stopped by after reading your comment to Adrienne. This is a wonderful blog! As a person who loves to garden, I always like Bible verses where things of nature are included.

I also struggle with time management, and have trouble making time for my Bible reading. I am determined to eat meals instead of snacking on the Word like I have been.

You have a blessed day, too!

Dorothy said...

Very thought provoking post. I hope you feel better soon.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Great post, Valerie..... Yes---we need to build our 'houses' on a ROCK..... We need a strong foundation for sure.

Hope you are feeling better.
Hugs,
Betsy