© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Friday, December 31

About 2011

I began this blog January 2010 to use as a time of devotion and meditation. I love the insights I get from the photo's I have taken - showing God's world in a way we often just walk by without a second glance.

Often when I ponder a photo, a scripture or song or quote comes to mind, making me think a little deeper. And so in 2010 I thought I would try to post every day - 1 photo, 1 scripture, and one quote. Well I did it! With the help of God I am sure - every morning I was able to bring those three elements into a project that, for me, helped me to think and worship my King.

As 2011 begins, I find, even though I was scared, 1 year ago thinking, "How will I ever come up with 365 posts and not miss a day?" I am not ready to give this up. But I am not going to constrain myself this year. I do plan on posting 1 photo everyday in 2011. I do plan on giving this project once again to God and allowing Him to work thru me. Perhaps it will have a quote, perhaps a scripture, perhaps a song lyric, but I am not going to put constraints on myself this year. I want to Honor God and His creation, and draw closer to Him in all I do.

I hope you will join me in the journey!

12 comments:

Dorothy said...

This is beautiful, Valerie! 2011will be quite a trip with God leading the way!!!

Joan said...

Valerie - I'm so glad you plan to continue this, since I only became aware of this blog recently. I love your beautiful photos and the way you honor God's creation.

When we obey His leading, there are no limits to what He can do through us. I've been pondering on a new project in 2011 and I should be posting about it soon. I feel it is God's leading to do it and I'm excited.

Blessings to you in this coming new year.

LDH said...

Looking forward to seeing what God puts in your heart this coming year!

Ruth said...

I am looking forward to seeing how God uses you in 2011.
Blessings,Ruth

Peggy (mazmagi) said...

Blessings Valerie, Just since getting to meet you and view your inspirational work since Christmas weekend, I know that God has used this as TRUE WORSHIP! I am totally blessed as I go back! Looking so forward to the next year and will savor every day as I honor the King of kings with you as you share!

I'm so glad that you will be doing it and without constraints... a photo and whatever will be just as
wonderful. It may also stir us to think of a scripture or a song or a quote to accompany what you share.
At one time, I had tried starting a Sunday meme called SUPER SUNDAY, keep it simple...post a scene, a song, a scripture ...only a few joined so I eventually let it go.
But it started out of a desire to worship God through the "arts".
I tried it on my own by posting just a photo and asking for input from the readers, what scripture verse or song comes to mine as you gaze at this photo. No response!

Your journey of photography and words or song truly is a worthy project! Beautiful! Thank you for expressing yourself and worshiping God this way! I am blessed!

Peace and JOY,
Peggy

Karin said...

Your blog has been a real blessing - the excellent photography, the meaningful Scripture, the interesting quotes!

I wish there was an index page or archives, where one can just bring up, let's say January 2010 and look at it again, rather than going through Older Post. Or have I missed it somewhere?

Happy New Year to you!

Peggy (mazmagi) said...

Valerie,

I noticed that Karin asked for an index and I see that you have Blog archives below which does that...
I was wondering if you labeled or tagged each scripture so it can be found by scripture.

Too much work to go back and do but for your new project, you may consider it. Let me share why I feel this would help me... say I'm reading in Matthew today and want a visual... I come here and you have that verse. Or as for me, I get daily a verse in the mail or Heartlight.org does Verse a Day,
I have on my blog... so if I like the verse or the photo, I click on it and go read the devotional for the day. I go there often for a visual and search by scripture.

Just a thought for 2011!

God bless,
Peggy

S. Etole said...

Even though I don't always comment, I come here daily to hear your words and view your images. It's been a true gift that you have shared with us.

Blessings for the New Year!

GrandmaK said...

Looking forward to traveling the New Year with you! Happy New Year!!! All the best to you!! Cathy

Betsy from Tennessee said...

How neat, Valerie. I'm so glad you are going to continue... And sometimes, remember that your photos don't always need any words at all...

Happy New Year.
Hugs,
Betsy

Adrienne in Ohio said...

I always look forward to seeing these posts, Valerie. Your perspective is refreshing in this hurried world.
Happy New Year!

Karin said...

Thanks Valerie for your prompt response! Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees! That archives are at the end of the blog - but I usually didn't scroll down that far.
So looking forward visiting again daily in 2011! Thank you for sharing your photos!